21 August, 2008

Some things just cost a little *ExTrA*

So lately I've been coming to realize that some things in life you just have to pay a little extra for. And realizing that has been a little difficult for me! I hate spending large amounts of money on things that I believe should be cheaper and more affordable. For instance, I had this new digital camera that wasn't even six months old. It got dropped and was going to be 130 dollars to repair it. That was CRAZY for me to think that I just paid 170 dollars for a camera, and now it was going to cost pretty much the same price to get it fixed! How lame. So I thought it over for a while and came to the conclusion that it would just be well worth my money to buy a different camera (brand new) for only 50 dollars more. It makes sense, right? I get a whole new camera + a whole new warranty for give or take 50 dollars. And then we have the clothing issue. I just HATE spending a whole lot of money on clothes. Sure I can drop 110 for a Ralph Lauren jacket, but I feel that is rediculous to pay 75 dollars for 2 pairs of jeans from American Eagle. Am I missing something? because something just doesn't feel right at all. I've just realized that sometimes it is worth spending more money on something that will last than paying 20 dollars here and there and everywhere all year to fix some cheap thing that was broken or useless to begin with. So for entertainment, I am going to put a list of things up here that I will spend a little extra $$$ for and some things that I just can barely spend a penny on without cringing.

WORTH MY MONEY

-Jeans
-Bras *cringe* i hate to say it because i don't act it out, but they are just something you can't buy cheaply!
-Cell Phones & Cameras
-Cars & Computers
-Make-up (who wants to look like an orange pumpkin all day long?) NOT me
-Healthier Food


SOOO NOT WORTH MY MONEY

-Bathing Suits
-Tennis Shoes
-Lotions & Perfumes
-MOST purses *I do divulge about once a year / year & a half*
-Lip Gloss
-Car Stereos & anything else to "sup" it up inside OR out
-Nail Polish

So out of curiosity, what would YOU spend money on & what could YOU care less about?

- b -

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Ok, I think that the most expensive article of clothing I've ever purchased was my prom dress, and even that was on clearance. I can't imagine having the money to spend that much on a jacket. But the only thing I do buy that's brand name and a little more expensive IS shoes, because they have to last, and not hurt your feet. If you spend your life in $20 ballet flats from Target, you will end up hurting. Trust me. The only street shoes I buy are vans and they still only run about $60

Diana said...

amen for spending money on bras! they can make a world of difference-how you feel and how you look!!!

You must spend money on good running shoes if you plan on being a runner...

Hmmm...and the band director in me says to invest in a good QUALITY instrument...a used quality instrument is so much better than those cheap "new" GOOD FOR NOTHING instruments from places where you can also buy underwear! :)

Briana McCall said...

diana, i know!! my mom took me & my sister & (herself) bra shopping the other day at victoria's secret & macy's & i am just still so excited! i've been wearing the wrong size for forever! & now it is just a whole new world for me! haha ... $200 for 4 bras (well maybe it was a little cheaper) & now i am in heaven. thanks mom!! :)

Lesley said...

I was actually going to suggest going to VS for some stuff in the near future. We are having a big sale on our lotions right now. You get 8 of them for $35. Its the cheapest you are going to find their stuff all year.

Just a tip. :)