24 January, 2010

The Journey

As I said before, Mrs. McCall came up to Louisville this weekend with her friend Stephanie to help with wedding planning. We needed to pick out our rehearsal dinner venue so Saturday morning we piled up at around 9:30 and just drove around Louisville to different places that we had researched. We didn't really have any appointments, but suprisingly, many people were able to meet with us. We went to the Kaden Tower, a beautiful Bed & Breakfast, the Seelbach Hotel, the Brown Hotel, Farmington Historic Home, Churchill Downs, and a couple other places. As I said in my last post, we ended up booking the Rathskeller room at the Seelbach Hilton on 4th street. We all just absolutely loved it! At first I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to one-up our actual reception, but the two just don't even compare. The Rathskeller is very old and artsy and historic while the ballroom at the Country Club is very contemporary, classy and BRIGHT (lol). There is not a single window in the Rathskeller and at Standard Country Club, the walls are almost entirely windows. You just can't even compare the two. 


We also met with the florist that we chose to do our flowers. We picked out my bouquet as well as the ones that my bridesmaids will carry. We picked the boutonniere's for the groomsman & then for Alex and our fathers/grandfathers. Our moms picked out their corsages, and we brainstormed some ideas for centerpieces! We were there for almost 2 hours, but I'm glad that we got it over with. It was actually kind of fun even though it was one of the last places on our list, and we were all extremely tired.


Friday evening we went and met with a friend of ours from church, Amy Henson, who will be making our wedding cake. I don't want to give away too much on this blog because I want people to look forward to what we have planned, so all I am going to say is six tiers. ;o) Our cake is phoenomenal. I love it. And Amy is so great to work with, and the cake is delicious and is going to be beautiful. I'm so excited about it!!! 


Our invitations are picked out, we just have to finaize our guest list and get everyone's mailing address so that we can order the invitations and start getting them ready. We have quite some time before they will have to be mailed out, but I want to get it done with as soon as possible. We're meeting with our DJ on Wednesday to hopefully sign a contract and talk music! We still need to find a videographer & pick out the groomsmen apparrel. So much is getting done! Thanks for taking the time to read this! I know people aren't as excited as I am, but I needed to write about it somewhere! Hope everyone has a blessed week!




 
Here are just a couple beautiful wedding reception photos I found online! Enjoy!



- b -

2 comments:

Jessi said...

We didn't know where our rehearsal dinner was going to be until about a month (or less) before the wedding! It's good that you're getting all this done now, but trust me, even before the wedding there will still be tons to do and stress over!

Briana McCall said...

Thanks for the encouragement. ;) Just kidding... I am trying to get as much as possible done so that I can sleep the week before!! I admire you for having your wedding so close to Christmas. I would have been stressed to the MAX! We aren't doing a lot of DIY projects so hopefully that will help.