15 June, 2010

A Short Note to You

Well I am back with a few words to say... Life has been going very well recently. Nothing too dramatic is going on but I have been enjoying summer with Alex & my family, and we have all been very busy planning events and running to and from wherever to wherever. But regardless, I have found this time to be very relaxing. I am working two jobs plus babysitting when I can and even though I have been working a lot of hours, I find time to sleep in and try to spend time doing things that I enjoy. I haven't had that much friend time but that is hopefully changing!! I have had two bridal showers... one in Tennessee and another here in Louisville this past Sunday. I always get so nervous right before these types of things because I'm always afraid that people aren't going to enjoy themselves or whatnot, but afterwards I always laugh and criticize myself for worring about it so much. They were both so incredibly fun and I had such a good time talking to people and visiting with my closest friends. I wish that I had family that lived closer because I never get to see them but hopefully that will change soon as well. Family is so important to me, and living away from all my grandparents and aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. has been pretty disappointing but then again I cherish every moment that I do get to spend with them. I am so glad that most of them are going to be able to come to the wedding. I have a cousin in Afghanistan (see earlier post) and if all goes according to plan, he will be home in time to fly out here for the big day. He is in our prayers often! My things to do this week are just to find a cake topper (which I already think I did), finish writing my vows and find a veil... I saw a picture of a friend who got married last weekend, and her veil was gorgeous. I am going to try and find out where she got it. :) Anyways, best wishes to faithful readers.

~ Briana

No comments: