08 July, 2010

Crunch Time

We are 23 days away from the wedding! For the past week I have not been able to comprehend all the big changes that are about to take place, but it is all finally sinking in! My mom has been working really hard on our reception favors, and I have been frantically calling everyone who didn't send in their RSVPs by July 1st (shame shame) and just checking thing after thing off of my list! Alex & I got our marriage license yesterday morning and then had a nice breakfast at Chick-fil-a. I had coupons, and we both ate breakfast and got drinks for $5! I love coupons! :) This has nothing to do with anything, but tomorrow they are having something special at Chick-fil-a for anyone who shows up dressed like a cow. Who would do that?? I'm tempted to go eat there tomorrow just to see if anyone actually does show up in costume. It would be interesting!! 

I picked up my veil today as well as a couple of prescriptions that I needed filled before we go out of town. I had to return a few purchases I had made that were unnecessary because I am completely broke. Sigh... Now I am just waiting for the lady that might do my wedding make up. She is supposed to get here in an hour and a half, and I am really excited. I hope I love it because I do not want to be searching for another make-up person this close to the wedding date. I was supposed to be doing my hair trial this morning, but it got moved to tomorrow morning so we'll see how that goes. At this point I don't think anything could make me want to switch who is doing hair & make-up just for the sake of convenience, but we'll see tomorrow I guess! After make-up I am going to meet with a lady that will be in charge of our ceremony music. It was kind of a last minute thing. We were planning on just having a piano player for the ceremony, but when I met with my wedding coordinator the other week I noticed there was only a keyboard in the chapel and there is no luck actually getting a real piano in there sooooooo I proceeded to find a string quartet within our budget and am meeting with the lady today to hopefully book and finalize our music choices! Alex and I finished picking those yesterday... I am just hoping everything goes well and there isn't anything that needs to be changed. Crossing my fingers here! And thennnnn after that I am going with my dad and Alex to have them fitted for their tuxedos. And then home to "rest" which will probably consist of continuing my thank-you cards from my showers. 

I am planning on every day for the next 23 to have a similar schedule to this one. I hope not, but if I plan for all of this and get a little less than I will be perfectly satisfied. I don't even want to think about moving right now. And ordering furniture. Oh goodness..... I love my life. <3 

-Briana

No comments: