16 May, 2008

* SWEET * Summertime -?-

So this is the first post on my brand new blog, and I cannot wait to see where this thing leads me. Or where I lead it I should say. I've been out of high school for a whole year now, and my life has completely changed. I really do miss being around everyone in my class, but I've grown up a lot and experienced life "on my own" (with a few parental financial contributions; ok that is an understatement ... a LOT of parental financial contributions). I guess I can't really say that I've officially been on my own until I can fully support myself, but for a girl that just turned 18 and is almost a junior in college, that is a BIG step for me!

This summer is hopefully going to have a big impact on my life. I'm going to be taking a summer class at Jefferson Community College to help me in my goal of graduating college as quickly as possible. I already have 40 credits after my "freshman" year, so that's not too bad for a start! :o) I really just want this whole education period of my life to go by quickly so that I can get a real job that I love, be able to get married to the LOVE of my life and be free from time consuming ... S-C-H-O-O-L. I know this is the one time of your life to make friends and make memories (which I have) but sometimes it all just seems childish and something that I really don't want a part of. I'm not the type of girl to have a huge group of girl friends that go out on the weekends. I'd rather spend my time with a couple close friends or my boyfriend and just sit home and watch movies and spend time together. I'm not much of a party person, and I don't think I ever will be. And I've finally come to the point where I accept that I'm not as outgoing or social as people think I am.

I was really bummed out when I found out that my mission trip to Guatemala last March was going to be canceled because of the tornado in Jackson. If you haven't quite heard about that I'll be sure to post about it sometime in the near future. I was really expecting it to be a time to grow close to the Lord and be able to feel like I am doing something for Him. I guess I've just been in a spiritual slump ever since the tornado. I never really found a good church in Jackson. Sure there were good preachers and good music ministers, but none felt like a home for me where I could grow in my faith and that was definitely a setback. I'm really looking forward to the women's Bible study at Southeast this summer. Last summer was amazing, and I really grew by studying the book of Daniel. I just can't wait to have that all back, and be able to go into next school year strong (yet still looking for a church .. sigh ..)

Also, my family might be moving in August or September. It will be sad to leave our home that I've pretty much spent my whole life in, but I think we're all ready for change. It'll bring us closer. I'm just really unsure of how this summer is going to work out. Everything seems so BIG and vague and unclear, but I'm trusting that God is going to be at work in my life and in my family. I just pray to make the right decisions and try and do the best that I can in whatever situation I am put in.

- b -

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! great start to new blog :)

Jessi said...

hey hon! blogs are neat. i am stunned that you are going to be a junior. because i am too, and i'm jealous that you are so far ahead so quickly. i can't wait to get out of school either!

Anonymous said...

Hey cous-

Like the blog so far...where/why are you guys moving???? I hadn't heard that yet...

I need updates!!!!

Love ya! Enjoy the summer!

Kelly Glupker said...

Nice blog! I can't believe you already have 40 credits under your belt. Way to go! It sounds like you have grown so much in the last year. I am very proud of you!

Briana McCall said...

Jessi,
Yeah! AP credits helped a lot and I am trying to CLEP everything I possibly can. I just hate classes where you don't really LEARN anything. I still have a lot ahead of me but it's going by fast!

Diana,
We're looking at houses in a neighborhood about 5 mins. away from Nick and Danielle's school next fall. We've always traveled 30 mins. to get to schools, practices, games, etc. and it's time to just face the fact that it's a better decision to move. Nothing is set in stone, but it's being very strongly considered.