17 May, 2008

We Grew Up ... So So Fast

I'm really really excited to get to go to my best friends graduation (from Sacred Heart Academy) today. Rachel has seriously been the one friend that has stuck by me no matter what even though we went to different schools our whole life and college separated us last August. Still she has been there for me through it all, and I can't believe that we have grown up and are no longer 9 years old and playing "school" in my basement.

We met on the street we both grew up on, Trentham Lane, at our mayors yard sale. My mom told me there was a little girl about my age over there and that I should go meet her. Little did I know that I was going to meet my best friend in the whole wide world. These past few years haven't been the same because we've been working, gotten boyfriends, started college, etc. But I really hope this summer can bring us closer than ever, especially if my family moves at the end of it. Rachel, I look up to you so much. You're such a hard worker and a dedicated and loyal friend. We're so much alike, and you seriously probably know me better than anyone I've ever met. I can't believe that I've let time and distance get in the way of what could be a FOREVER friendship. Even though it might seem really childish, I still want what we always dreamed of doing. Sure, we're still not going to be college roommates (obviously since we go to different schools) like we planned, but we can still get married and our kids can be best friends, and we can live right here in Louisville like we always dreamed we would. Yeah that might sound crazy to other people, but it's funny how friendships work out. I wish you the best after graduation, and I hope I'm still here in your life when you graduate college, get married, become a nurse and have those kiddies!! I'm here for you, and I hope that college is everything you dreamed it would be and that you make memories that last a lifetime ... just like the ones we already have. I love you girl and Happy Graduation. Best Friends Forever and Always,

- b -

P.S. Rachel, today is the Westwood yardsale, and there's one going on right across from my house :o)

No comments: