09 November, 2009

Grateful

This whole weekend I have been moping around and pouting. Thursday was my birthday, and I was going to wait until the weekend to celebrate with my friends and family, but around 3:00 on Friday afternoon, Alex called to tell me that he was at the doctor's office getting tested for the flu. And guess what? The test came back positive. I was really upset at first, but it ended up just turning into sheer disappointment. I had SO been looking forward to seeing him and spending my birthday weekend with him. That didn't happen so I just moped around all weekend. It wasn't very fun, but I did get a lot done. I decided that I wasn't going to celebrate anything about my birthday until he got here, sooooo the presents are all still wrapped, the cake has yet to be made and my dinner(s) with family and friends have yet to be. I just wanted to wait until he was here to celebrate with me, and that's what I'm sticking to! It's so hard because I love presents, but it will be well worth the wait. :) He is still not feeling very well and is staying with the dogs at his apartment in Jackson until he feels better to get back to school and life. I feel so bad for him, and I ask for you to keep him in your prayers! Swine flu is no fun from what I've heard. :( There is some good news though! UofL received all his credentials to enter the Sports Administration program in January, and he has an interview on Friday morning!! Hopefully he will be feeling better, but I am so excited!! He received the notification today, and that has made it a great day. Please pray for him to feel better and for him to do good on his interview Friday! Hope all is well! 


- b -

1 comment:

Jessi said...

That's really cool how you're waiting to celebrate with Alex. Some birthdays just turn out weird....the night before Brandon proposed I could tell I was starting to get sick. I hung in there that morning, got my ring, we went out to eat, and by that afternoon I was so worn out and had a fever so I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie with him! Things don't always turn out the way we plan, but that doesn't mean that some good can't come of it.
I hope Alex gets to feeling better soon!