17 March, 2010

My Life is SO BUSY!!



We have a little stone outside of our front house that reads,
"Beware of the barrennes of a busy life."

This statement is so true! When you are constantly running from place to place and event to event, suddenly when you have a moment to stop and breathe, you wonder what is the point of it all? Why are there so many things to do? And when I stop to think of many of the things that I am constantly "running" to, I feel as though nothing satisfies and brings meaning and truly fulfills my life. Of course, as a Christian, God is the only thing that can ever complete me, but setting that aside, nothing that I am trying to balance will ever fulfill my life. When you are so busy, sometimes your life feels empty. So here is a warning to keep in mind!!

Now I realize that there are things that have to be done. Life gets busy, and that is a fact, but before you tackle and say "yes" to one more commitment, truly think about your priorities and what is truly important to you. When you stop to think about it, maybe you won't jump to the next activity or commitment that comes along. Just a thought!

- b -

No comments: