26 December, 2008

It's a Vera Merry Christmas!

Well I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas as I did. This year I was really prepared, and even though I was not able to start my Christmas shopping until FIVE days before Christmas, I knew what I wanted to get so I just went out and got it after I had earned a little money waitressing. The theme for presents this year seemed to be Vera Bradley. I guess that is because I am now obsessed with it ever since Alex got me a backpack purse for our 1 year anniversary. But in case you don't know about Vera, it is very nice, quilted bags and wallets and luggage/totes, etc. You tend to pick a pattern that you like and then collect over time! As patterns get older, they are retired and then become more valuable (or less valuable) depending on their popularity. My pattern is Frankly Scarlett, and here is a sample picture of what the design looks like...



So over time I have now collected a duffle bag, backpack purse, wallet, wristlet, and hair straightener holder. I have a Vera laptop case, but it is a different pattern, and I am pondering selling it and then purchasing the Frankly Scarlett. Me & my mom got my sister Danielle the Daisy Daisy pattern (see below) & I got my mom the Cafe Latte hair straightener holder (also see below). These items are really great gifts, and also fun to collect. I know some people do not like the whole style because they think it is "old ladyish," according to some people I know, but I love it and wanted to share my interest with all of you! Just out of curiosity, if you are into Vera Bradley, what is "your" pattern or favorite? (New or Old!!) I would love to hear about yours. I will have more Christmas updates later ... Enjoy this break with your families!





- b -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my favs are Raspberry Fizz, Pinwheel Pink, Mod Floral Pink, Java Blue, and I real want a super tore in either mediterranean blue, white or puccini. i love veras!