09 July, 2009

Lazy Days

Last week, my little sister Danielle had this bumpy rash all over her legs, and it eventually spread over her whole body. Then my little brother had a fever and seemed to get the rash, but it went away after a day or so. I was so thankful that I did not get the rash.. I had been working a lot and getting back into the swing of summer break. But then to much despair, Friday afternoon while I was at work, I noticed some small red bumps on my left wrist, and I knew exactly what it was. So for the last WEEK I have been battling it out with this very itchy and bumpy rash that has completely taken over my arms and ears and left eye. It is horrible, and I cannot stop itching. It also makes my skin very dry. All 3 of us went to the doctor's on Saturday afternoon, but my mom ended up paying $120 for him to tell us that we had a virus and that we would have to "wait it out." I finally was able to get out of the house yesterday and run some errands. I got some new books (2 Karen Kingsbury & the 1st Harry Potter), and met my best friend Holly down at UofL so that she could show me around. Just those couple escapades took all the energy from me, and here I am, almost recuperated and ready to get back to work tomorrow. I've already missed three days because of this stupid thing, but thankfully it SEEMS to be getting better. I still find it spreading a little, but who knows. I wanted to put a picture up of what this thing did to my eye. :( Thankfully it is getting better, and I don't have to wear sunglasses in public! :)


- b -

1 comment:

Jessi said...

You haven't read Harry Potter yet?! Oh wow. Um. They are amazing.