02 June, 2008

Exactly Where I'm Supposed To Be!!!









So because I am going to school to be an elementary teacher, I thought it would be a good idea to volunteer with the elementary kids at Southeast this summer even though I'll only be home for a few months. I've been toying around with thoughts of what age group I would want to teach, and I've come to the conclusion that I just absolutely love 1st graders. And my conclusion was confirmed this morning as I played with them and worshipped with them and taught them their Bible lesson. 1st graders are just so cute, and they're still in that stage where everything is new to them, and they're eager to learn. The boys still have that sweet side, and will hold your hand and talk to you and love on you. It's just a cute age. I was kind of nervous today because I thought I had figured things all out and then church was going to be completely the opposite of what I thought it would be. But my worst fears have no control over what God has planned!!! Just sitting there with them, with this big smile on my face gave me the peace that I was exactly where I was supposed to be. No questions asked.

"Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other." Psalm 85:10 NIV

I have no doubt in my mind that I love these kids, all of them. I can't wait for classroom observing in the fall. First, because I'd better enjoy it because I have over 30 required hours in just one semester :o) and second, because I don't get a choice in which grades I get to have (I get 2 different classes). This will help me be open-minded to wherever God wants me to be at and will also give me further reassurance in my preconceived feelings already. I'm just so excited about this summer and the rest that I am going to get to experience!

- b -

1 comment:

Jessi said...

First graders are so cool. After working with them senior year I thought that I was supposed to teach...I have sense realized that I was projecting my desire for a large family onto the situation. Though I don't know if I'd be able to handle a house of 17 7 year olds....You'll make a great teacher!