27 January, 2009

It's Really Early Right Now

It's 8:40 & I'm up. Things have been going pretty crappy the last few days. Well, there has been good & bad. I haven't had to work that much so it gets pretty boring here at the dorm. I got 2 shots yesterday. *ouch* I got one in each arm. My left arm got the flu shot, & my right arm got my second dose of the Hepatitis A shot. I was just sitting around yesterday thinking about my trip to Guatemala & realized that there was still some shots I needed so I talked to a guy friend of mine and was like, "Hey Ryan, do you wanna go get our shots?" And we just walked to Nurse Paul's office here on campus & had a shot party. Joy. So I woke up this morning & my right arm is really, really sore. :*( Not only that, I have been really stressing about this class that I am taking. I have 1 more assignment due Thursday & then my final exam. I am really scared about the test because the last one was killer & I got an 84. Me & some of my friends were counting on doing extra credit (20 points!) by taking a tour of the West Tennessee Cerebral Palsy Center at 10 this morning, but I called them to see if they were open due to the icy weather, and they had to cancel. Now I am even more stressed about my grade because I don't know if my teacher will let us turn our extra credit in late (it's due tonight). Agh!! I hate even thinking about all of this.

I have had some really good news in all of this though. I have my trip to Guatemala almost paid in FULL!!! I only have $85 dollars left to pay. Yesterday was amazing because I got about 7 support checks in the mail totaling over $500. God really does provide. You just have to trust Him! :) I probably will get more money donated than I actually need but that is O.K. because I can get reimbursed for this very painful shot in my right arm & possibly for my passport that I had to get last year. We'll see. Things are just really coming together! I am also getting some extra money in for my textbooks that I need to buy for the spring semester. I actually get to go buy one today!! I know, it is so weird that I am excited about buying textbooks, but I have the money now from selling my older ones so that makes me very happy. Now I just have to start saving up to pay for Colby to spend a week at the kennel while I am on my trip. It's a $96.00 expense I am pretty sure, but very cheap for most kennels. He & Otis are actually going to be staying and the place where Alex & I purchased them. They charge only 10 dollars a day & 12 if they are going to be staying overnight.

So that is all my drama for the weekend. Pray that my professor will be merciful & give us a grace period on our extra credit. I will head to the books to keep studying for my final, and then I have to tutor at 4:00. Stay safe on these snowy/icy roads!

- b -

No comments: