13 January, 2009

Nerves

So I was searching the Internet during my night class on some information about Guatemala and those visiting Guatemala so that I am a little bit informed before I go. Here's what I found.

SAFETY AND SECURITY: Violent criminal activity continues to be a problem in Guatemala, including murder, rape, and armed assaults against foreigners. The police force is inexperienced and under-funded, and the judicial system is weak, overworked, and inefficient. Well-armed criminals know there is little chance they will be caught or punished. Traditionally, Guatemala experiences increases in crime before and during the Christmas and Easter holiday seasons.

oh my, my, my.

- b -

3 comments:

Jessi said...

In the prayer calendar for church Guatemala is one of the highlighted countries.

No one I know that has been there has mentioned any major problems, though.

Briana McCall said...

Southeast canceled their trip this year. A guy in my mom's sunday school class was supposed to go. :/

Briana McCall said...

Wait, it was Highview that cancelled.